Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Burke’s Wedding Vows

I could promise to hold you and cherish you

I could promise to be there in sickness and in health

I could say till death do us part

But I won’t

Those vows are for optimistic couples

The ones full of hope

And I do not stand here on my wedding day

optimistic or full of hope

I am not optimistic, I am not hopeful

I am sure

I am steady

And I know

I am a heart man

I take them apart, I put them back together

I hold them in my hands

I am a heart man

So this I am sure

you are my partner, my lover, my very best friend

My heart, my heart beats for you

And on this day, the day of our wedding, I promise you this

I promise you to lay my heart in the palm of your hands

I promise you

Me

~ Preston Burke

Grey's Anatomy

Didn't We Almost Have It All

S03E25

No comments: