Thursday, July 26, 2007

Proof?





Even when I was still in Manila & thinking about working here in Singapore, I’ve begun to ask myself if I don’t love him enough to stay, if don’t love him enough to be happy wherever he is. I faced these questions because I felt like everybody was suggesting that I don’t love him enough, that I am not happy with us, that I’m making the wrong decision, that I might lose him, or he might lose me, that we’ll both find someone else.


As if physical presence, or the need for it, is an absolute proof of one’s love or fidelity.

Now that we’ve been apart for 2 months, I still face these questions. More so, because I don’t feel miserable being alone. Sometimes I feel guilty. But I try to remind myself that this is part of me “growing up” and "testing my wings alone". Hahaha.

I’m slowly realizing that love isn’t so much about NOT being able to live without your partner. Rather, it is being able to live without him, and yet CHOOSING NOT to. I think I also heard this from “Rumor Has It”. hahahhaa. makes more sense to me.

So I’m trying to live my life alone, knowing that this will not be forever. Forever would be shared with him. Our time apart is just a speck compared to a lifetime of being together.

In the meantime, I won’t feel guilty. :P

No comments: